Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 15 - We received our luggage from Kiev

This morning I went to the train station and waited for the train from Kiev to arrive. Igor (one of our facilitators) gave all our remaining luggage to the conductor and I needed to find her on car 12 to pick them up. I was not sure how simple this was going to be, but in the end, once I found car 12, asked for Ulia and identified myself and Andrew, she handed me all the luggage. This must be the Ukrainian version of FedEx.
We are off shortly to see Galina (hopefully she is in good spirits after being poked and prodded). We brought some treats to make her fell better (bananas and cookies). Afterwards, Lisa and I are off to have dinner at a lady's home. We met Nadia a couple of days ago at the orphanage where we see her every once in a while visitting with the children. She does not speak any english, so I will be putting my Ukrainain to the test.
Not much else to report.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Hello A & L, noticed goat in your pic. When I travelled in May, had pics of cows grazing by gas stations. Funny! When would u post pics of little one?
Shania and Yuri

Sandy said...

Hey guy, just received a telephone call from my uncle vlodko vulczyn and oksana (wife) already know that you may be calling them. their cell# 80958983455.
they are in their newly blt. house outside city of Lviv, although address is still considered Lviv!
Good luck! Hope you get to beautiful, charming Lviv!
100% different from Kyev.
Shania