Friday, October 31, 2008

Day 18 - Happy Halloween

Today was very interesting. It appears my Ukrainian has started to either help or hinder. The director of the orphanage has been woking very hard to get our file processed. He was hoping to have us sign a bunch of paperwork this afternoon and go and see the judge (for what I have no idea). This is going on concurrently with running around getting a copy of Galina's birth certificate and some passport photos off to Kiev. Unfortunately, the director has asked us to do a couple of things that our facilitator does not understand. It was clear yesterday from the director that he feels my Ukrainian is very good and says we can easily get a few things done withot Victor our faciitator.
Victor is a hard to read. It seems we need to force his hand to get action from him. So today in the director's office I did just that. All of a sudden he now understands what is going on and has given us some good info to go ahead with.
Alas, the people we needed to see in the governemnt offices were out on a conference so all the running around we did will be worked out on Monday.

1 comment:

Jodie McMillan said...

HI Lisa and Andrew! HAPPY HALLOWEEN too!!
I just went on your blog for the 1st time, and I was so glad to read back to the beginning of your trip.
It sounds like you are making progress, and I will keep posted to hear about any news you have. I love you both, and can't wait to see you soon.
Love Jodie xoxox